- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Highway Development Management Engineer
Our client is seeking a Highway Development Management Engineer for their Chelmsford office. You will be responsible for managing the implementation of schemes and ensuring that these are designed and implemented in accordance correctly.
- Manage the programme of Development Management projects which have been assigned to you ensuring that they are processed according to standard turnaround times, to the correct specifications and to the right quality.
- To negotiate on the implementation of highway developments on behalf of Essex Highways. This may include developers, local planning authorities, consultants, solicitors, the Department for Transport and other statutory and non-statutory bodies.
- Instruct Essex Legal Services as required, to undertake work on highways schemes. This could include but is not limited to, land negotiations, enforcement issues, the preparation of highway agreements for developments, processing work permits.
- To calculate and manage the Advance Payment Code process outlined in section 219 - 226 of the Highways Act 1980 where requested, ensuring monies and/or bonds are secured and released in a timely manner.
- Liaise with other Teams and Services within Essex Highways to ensure coordination with other schemes across the service.
- Undertake the development and review of policies, plans, procedures and practices as required.
- Provide timely and accurate advice to County Councillors, District Members, Parish Councils and the general public on Development Management matters as required.
- Manage and promote Health and Safety, Environmental Management System, Quality Management System and Construction Design Management, with the aim of minimising work related injuries.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- HNC, or equivalent high level qualification, or significant experience in highways.
- Membership or working towards membership of a relevant Professional Institution.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Demonstrable knowledge of national guidance, legislation and regulations relating to design and implementation of highway schemes. In particular, expertise in the Highway Act 1980 and current CDM regulations is required.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, managing the design and implementation of highway aspects of major development proposals including statutory processes involved with these activities.
- Knowledge and application of budgetary management and control measures.
- Knowledge of a wide range of relevant engineering or service techniques and procedures.
- Appropriate knowledge and application of Health and Safety legislation.
- Ability to prioritise own work to support business priorities and as a team leader. Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key people both internally and externally.
- Experience of advising elected Members and influencing local decision makers and other stake holder's desirable
- Dealing with members of the public.
- Demonstrable awareness of environmental aspects and impacts and waste management.
- Conversant with Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills (including report writing).
- Required to be mobile throughout an operational area.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.