- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Development Management Manager
Matchtech are working with one of our clients based in the Cambridgeshire area who are currently looking for an interim Development Management Manager to work on a 6 month contract managing the current Development Management Team.
Our client based in the Cambridgeshire area are currently looking for an interim Development Management Manager to join a busy Planning Department to manage the current Development Management team while the council recruit to the role permanently.
My client envisages the contract to be for the rough duration of 6 months however will depend on how the permanent recruitment goes.
Some previous experience working at management level would be preferable as my client is looking for someone to hit the ground running with managing the team.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
Have overall responsibility for leading the service in developing, negotiating and performance managing internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that services are delivered and procured within budget, local and national policies, and legislation.
Ensure that new development and the growth of the council result in high quality physical and natural places that improve social, environmental and economic outcomes.
Play a key role in the development of the Directorate business plan, providing expert input, recommending the most effective models of service delivery, including where necessary service re-design.
The Development Manager is responsible for leading and managing the current team of 20 that deliver the following work streams:
- Planning application and appeal services
- Planning Enforcement
- Maximising income and community benefit through 'planning gain'
- Principal advisor to the Planning Committee The Development Manager is responsible for a budget in excess of £1m as well as negotiations on multimillion pound construction projects.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Qualified to degree level, or equivalent by experience
- RTPI accreditation
- Evidence of successfully working in a senior management role ideally in a complex stakeholder environment (either in local government or other complex organisations)
- Experience of successfully managing large, multi-faceted proposals and projects within a complex, political, multi discipline, multi-cultural environment
- Experience of contract specification and or supervision and cross functional project working
- Significant experience of the preparation, management and control of budgets for a complex service area, ensuring prioritising and targeting of resources to achieve maximum value for money and income generation
- Computer skills with experience of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and CAD software
- Sound written and numeracy communication skills able to converse with developers and the public.
Working conditions / environment:
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Must be able to drive and have access to your own vehicle to conduct site visits
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- £negotiable p/h via own Umbrella Provider or PAYE (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
- Inside IR35
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Poppy Dugan directly on 01489898804
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Matchtech are the largest and leading Town Planning Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Town Planning industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.