- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Manager (Automotive Software)
An exciting Contract requirement has arisen for an experienced Automotive Project Manager with proven Software Development and Automotive PM experience with Automotive SPICE and ISO2626 experience highly desireable.
Job Title Contract Project Manager (Automotive Software)
As Contract Project Manager (Automotive Software) your primary responsibility will be to manage software development for a shared common software platform and embedded programs for multiple projects, developed in multiple locations by multiple teams. The role will include collaboration with other project teams on activity planning, milestone reporting and process review.
You will work with the Program Management, Software, Hardware, System Design, and Functional Safety teams, together with Quality and Product Management departments, to manage the development of software products such that the company's strategic goals are achieved.
You will lead software delivery teams to achieve project goals, escalating for more senior level support in a timely and appropriate manner. You will collaborate with all project teams to ensure consistent and accurate delivery of software products.
* Managing the shared automotive software platforms and the executable programs for products under development according to internal and any Customer product development processes.
* Implementing an Agile approach to software development to maximise productivity and quality, and minimize delivery times.
* Create, maintain and execute software development plans. Development plans encompass requirements compliance/traceability, software development, validation and verification, software release planning & hardware/software integration and configuration management.
* Reporting status of software development projects to project teams and leaders.
* Ensuring all software engineers are fully aware of their software development objectives.
* Manage and resolve project risks and issues.
* Ensuring the project is delivered in a cost effective and timely manner and to the required quality level, by following company processes and policies.
* Ensuring compliance with relevant industry standards, particularly ISO26262 and ASPICE.
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
* Experience in the role of Project Manager or Project Lead in software development projects.
* Experience in Agile software development techniques.
* Experience in managing multiple software projects across diverse teams and locations.
* Experience in interacting with automotive OEMs, senior management and project teams.
Desirable experience and skills:
* Experience with software development.
* Experience of working with the Automotive SPICE (ASPICE) development framework.
* Experience with the automotive functional safety standard, ISO26262. Alternatively, functional safety experience to other industry standards such as IEC61508, D0178B or similar.
* Experience with software quality management, including MISRA.
* Experience with CASE tools, such as requirements management tools, systems and software design tools, analysis tools, etc.
Personal attributes: (delete and add as appropriate)
* Enthusiastic, flexible and keen approach to learning, etc.
* Structured individual with good problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills and able to deal with all levels of the organisation
* Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
* Comfortable in customer facing role, confident and thoughtful
* Must able to work alone with minimum guidance, but also be able to operate effectively as part of a team.
* Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.