- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Systems Integration Engineer
There is an opportunity live for a Systems Integration Engineer to join our client, one of the biggest Defence company's in the UK. The role is based in New Malden and is an initial 12 month contract.
Purpose of role:
To undertake a defined range of SI related, systems engineering activities in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements under the direction of the Common Console Team Leader and Common Console Technical Authority.
- Design and Assessment Studies
- Technical Reports and Specifications
- Engineering planning material
- Presentation material
- Implementation estimates (in man-hours)
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Carry out complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems and the improvement of engineering capability.
- Carry out investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
- Act as the main point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on specific engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
- Participate fully in capturing requirements, designing, implementing and testing software for the Shared Infrastructure system with particular focus on the Common Console aspects.
- Support the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids.
Key Technical Skills:
- Ability to operate in a large, complex multi-project environment
- We require a systems engineer, with at least 5 years' experience using VMware, along with a strong systems engineering background. You'll have experience with many of the following:
-- VMWare Views experience (ideally views 6 but earlier ok)
-- vGPU technology
-- RemoteApp experience
-- Powershell scripting and automation
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.