- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Local authority client based in Winchester looking for an interim Estate Surveyor for an initial 6 month contract. This position is inside IR35, for further information please call Adam @ Matchtech on 01489 898881
To provide quality comprehensive property advice and professional services related to conducting transactions and implementing policy and management of the County Council land and property portfolio including major projects.
To manage key projects involving co-ordination of multi-disciplinary teams of property specialists, including external consultants, to deliver completed projects on time and within cost.
-Analyse and provide property and contractual advice, recommendations and action aimed at implementing corporate and service strategy, with a broad spectrum of cases including several major, complex or sensitive cases or higher impact projects.
- Assist service departments' implementation of operational strategy at all levels. Provide property solutions within programme and on budget in accordance with corporate policy and project needs.
- To instruct internal and external professional advisors and contractors in relation to specific commissions and works, monitoring both performance and budget.
- Negotiate at all levels in respect of land and property transactions, instigating controls and monitoring outcomes.
- Take individual initiative, and provide bespoke solutions to property issues.
-Planning and co-ordination of complex property-based projects using multi-disciplinary teams, often taking responsibility as project leader, and with delivery horizons over 1-4 years.
- Direct and motivate project teams, including colleagues and external consultants, within a multi-tasking environment ensuring adequate resourcing of projects, budgetary provision and evolution of requirement. Monitor and report project progress and ensure successful delivery.
- Knowing when and how to obtain specialist technical advice.
- Actively seek and exploit opportunities to maximise the effective use of land and property assets, including medium term reorganisation proposals.
- Provide specialist professional knowledge and support to all Estates staff
-Provide leadership and management to specific projects and resources (directing/motivating staff, and consultants) to ensure successful delivery of major projects
- Deputising for Team Leaders
- Provide support and monitor development of graduate entry Estates Surveyors and other staff through formal assessment of competence requirements of professional bodies.
-Represent the County Council and present its policies, property projects and strategies at all appropriate levels including:
- Public meetings.
- Liaison panels with national, regional, and local organisations, local authorities and parish councils.
- Proceeding in law courts, Lands Tribunal, Inquiries and hearings.
- Meetings with private individuals, land owners, companies and public authorities.
- Prepare, present and defend statements and press releases to the media and other interested bodies on sensitive issues.
- Represent Estates at internal meetings including, Member briefings, school governor meetings, tenant and occupier meetings, project, strategy and liaison meetings.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.