- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client is looking for an experienced planner, preferably from a utilities background to join their team based in Slough.
Reports to: Planning / Customer Planning Manager
Direct reports: None
Liaising with: Contracts Managers, Operational staff, subcontractors, members of public
Hours of work: 0730-1730 Monday to Friday
It is very important that applicants are willing to work the hours outlined as these are fixed and key to the worlkload of the role.
To plan and coordinate the work allocation of gangs etc. To ensure all works are delivered to the required contract's
program, achieving contractual SLA's, ensure efficient planning, utilising full workforce. Ensuring that the
clients/customers' expectations are met by delivering a first class service.
1. Liaise with teams, supervisors and Operatives providing accurate information, job details to enable works
be carried out.
2. Monitor backlogs/WIP to ensure contractual priorities are met.
3. Ensure all jobs are planned and coordinated so they run as efficiently as possible.
4. Create NRSWA permits to Local Authorities and ensure that the notices meet legislative requirements.
5. Monitor and respond to permit updates (PMR's/S74's)
6. Deal with all requests from the client promptly, efficiently and courteously and keep the Client's
Customers updated with progress prior to, throughout and after the works.
7. Monitor the progress of all gangs working on the designated contract and update the related company
and Client systems.
8. Resolving any planning queries or issues.
9. Holiday or additional cover for Planning colleagues when necessary.
10. Carry out any other duties appropriate for the role.
* Previous planning experience
* Previous utilities experience desirable
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good time management skills and able to work to deadlines
* Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Environmental Awareness
* Customer Service Awareness
* Understanding on obtaining Gas/Electric/Line Search/BT Drawings
* Understanding of streetworks and traffic management requirements
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.