- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Manufacturing Support Engineer
Manufacturing Support Engineer required for global leading business near Bristol
My client, based in Clevedon (South of Bristol), are currently looking for an experienced Manufacturing Support Engineer on a contract basis to support the Engineering teams with a large project.
The main priority of the role is to form a liaison between the Engineering teams and the shop floor in terms of providing expertise for testing abatement systems and upgrades prior to shipment.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Understanding of the special-to-type requirements for each system/upgrade
* Preparation of appropriate documentation
* Involvement in the testing and recording of results for a wide variety of complex abatement systems.
* Covering other areas including the assessment of customer requirements before and during the design process to ensure unit testability, involvement in safety reviews and HAZOP assessments.
* Analysis of requirements to determine what testing will be required and how it is to be performed.
* Formal authoring of test documentation that is clear and workable in the test environment but that also forms a traceable route back to the requirements of the system.
* Providing support to the shop floor for testing of non-standard systems.
* Liaising with Engineers to determine and define the correct level of testing.
* Working with test personnel to perform testing which is away from the normal tests performed and use influencing skills to ensure tests are carried out and recorded correctly.
The chosen candidate will be qualified to degree or HNC/HND in mechanical or electromechanical engineering. Alternatively appropriate time served apprenticeships or forces experience would be considered. A strong test background with knowledge of build and testing of complex units, preferably in the abatement industry, will also be required.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of working in the production industry and working under delivery pressures delivering a 'right first time approach'.
This contract is initially for 6 months but could last longer depending on work volumes
Up to £23.00 per hour PAYE or £30.00 per hour LTD dependant on suitability
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.