- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Civil Design Technician
This is an exciting new Senior Civil Design Technician opportunity with a major client, one of the UK's leading design consultants, and will involve working on a variety of interesting projects across the UK and Internationally.
This new opportunity is ideal for an experienced Technician that is looking to take their career to the next level and be supported in their career development.
In this role you will be involved with a variety of projects, including Highways England Design work on the new Routes to Market Framework, as well as interesting Civil Infrastructure projects.
Are client is now recruiting to bolster their existing team in the Sheffield Design Hub with a Senior Civil Technician to act as a lead and develop the design team.
You will be required to assist the Engineering Team with the production of technically sound design solutions, as well as leading on prestigious projects.
What will this role involve?
- Understand the importance of delivery to programme with Highways England
- Outline designs and upon approval produce construction designs.
- Update and maintain the job schedule using Excel
- Produce Design Risk Assessments and other relevant documents under CDM regulations
- Maintain relationships and interact with clients and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assisting with the implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions
- Supporting the design team and tutoring junior staff
What are we looking for?
- HNC / HND, or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Experience of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience using any of the following software: Civil 3D, MX, REVIT, MicroDrainage etc.
- Ability to meet project/scheme deadlines
- Developing good practice in Health and Safety and CDM Regulations
- Experience of innovative designs, value engineering and end to end service delivery.
- Experience of working with civil, structures maintenance / design teams and Local Government or HA clients would be desirable
- CDM Awareness
What makes this role unique?
You will be tutored and supported in your professional development, allowing you to gain valuable experience with software such as Civil 3D, REVIT and MX, as well as gaining experience leading and coordinating major projects across the UK and Internationally.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.