- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, a leading Aerospace organisation, are currently looking for an experienced Tooling Engineer to join them on a long-term contract based out of their site in Yeovil, Somerset.
The main purpose of this role is to be the interface with the business, delivering tooling requirements and engineering tooling solutions in support of programmes and obligations, ensuring best practice, cost effective, legislatively compliant design solutions are achieved, meeting customer requirements and expectations. Also to advance and develop tooling engineering design techniques to continuously improve tooling solutions and options available to support customer requirements.
- To manage tooling requirements as point of contact for all new build and R&O tooling requests, working to achieve defined priorities.
- To attend workload reviews, report on tooling status and work to investigate, advise, define and manage the provision of tooling or tooling services to facilitate the development, manufacture, inspection, maintenance and testing of aircraft products as required.
- To create conceptual schemes and fully detailed tooling and test equipment designs, which consider customer timescales and budget requirements using CATIA V5.
- To interface with external suppliers and manufacturers of tooling, fixtures and test equipment, negotiating and agreeing clear matching expectations on technical work content and lead time, driving on time, correct specification, tooling delivery.
- Supporting the business procurement process, compile 'Tender Packs' for use by the Tooling procurement Dept in selecting and awarding tooling contracts through competitive tender, single source, OEM, LTA or pricing agreement.
- Supporting Tooling Governance to develop the tooling supplier commodity group specific to high tolerance requirements, to ensure adequate and correct supplier use to achieve cost quality and delivery expectations.
- Educated to HNC or equivalent in a technical discipline and preferably hold a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- Trained and proficient in the use of the CATIA V5.
- Experience/training in the use of VPM and/or SAP would be desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of the aircraft component interchangeability philosophy.
- Knowledge of statutory regulations and directives applicable to Tooling and Ground Support Equipment (GSE).
- Good inter-personnel and communication skills.
- Effective problem solving / investigative skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.