- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Control Systems Software Engineer
My client, a specialist R&D company within the energy sector, is looking for a Control Systems Software Enigneer to join them on a permanent basis.
Main purpose of the role:
Support the business unit with your controls engineering knowledge and expertise. Produce systems for robotic remote handling and be involved with the design and execution of research projects.
You will be joining a collaborative team with a wide range of skills and experiences based at Culham, Oxfordshire.
* Specification, design and implementation of control systems for robotic remote handling systems
* R&D of control systems
* Specification of control interfaces
* Test control performance
* Integration and commissioning of control systems
You will be representing your department, talking with customers and collaborators and have responsibility for managing your own time and overall small projects.
What qualifications are required for this role?
* Degree with relevant work experience, Master's or PhD in Control Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or other relevant subject
* Experience designing and implementing control systems
* Working experience with mechatronic or electromechanical systems
* Have an understanding of control theory and techniques relating to robotics
Desirable skills and experience:
* C++ programming
* Network based communications (TCP, UDP, DDS)
* Mobile robotics
* Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
* Proven ability to work as a part of a team, as well as autonomously
What can we offer you?
25 days holiday which will increase with length of service plus bank holidays
Learning and Development
Health and wellbeing benefits, including on-site Occupational Health service
Maternity leave/emergency family leave
Cycle to work scheme
Social clubs and events, including Netball, Yoga and a Winter Triathlon
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.