- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Traffic Engineer / Modeller
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Traffic / Transport Modeller to join their business unit to work in Southampton.
You'll provide traffic and transport modelling capabilities to the highways design team, ITS team and client (Southampton City Council) teams. Support the traffic and transport modelling work with a strong engineering background and an understanding of the strategic ambitions of the customer and stakeholders.
You'll support the customer and stakeholder teams to deliver projects to transform Southampton and make walking, cycling and public transport people's first choice rather than travelling by car.
As a Traffic/Transport Modeller, your main responsibilities will include:
- Analysis and processing of traffic data.
- Development and application of transport models.
- Preparation of study reports and presentation of results to client and stakeholders.
- Working within larger multi-disciplinary project teams to design transport schemes, using all available tools to examine evidence and explore opportunities for innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Developing project plans and schedules that meet specifications and requirements defined by the client and which meet business needs, timescales and objectives.
- Managing costs associated with projects and works. Work within defined time and cost allowances.
- Ensuring that all modelling and design work is carried out in compliance with industry, customer and business standards, designing out Health and Safety risks where possible and where not possible, minimising these risks. Ensure complete and thorough communication of all risk at every stage of delivery.
- Building and maintaining excellent client relationships, undertaking ongoing engagement to ensure client requirements are understood and that they are updated on work progress at all stages of the project. Ensure scope changes/extensions are documented and agreed and that deliverable work schedules are maintained.
- Setting up and running models in Junctions 9 (PICADY / ARCADY) and LinSig;.
- Writing of Transport Statements, Transport Assessments and Travel Plans and presentation of key findings to client and stakeholders;
- Access strategy work, parking strategies, sustainable transport, S106 agreements, S278 agreements, DfT Transport Assessment guidelines, Manual for Streets;
- The principles of micro-simulation (AIMSUN/VISSIM) and strategic models/modelling, WebTag and Transport business cases.
- Obtained (or working towards) CEng or TPP accreditation.
- APMP or PRINCE2 qualification.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.