- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Portfolio Risk Manager
Our client is seeking a Risk Manager to join their major projects team in central Birmingham.
Reporting to the Project and Programme Controls Lead, the Major Projects Risk Manager leads on driving excellence in project, programme and directorate risk management, analysis and reporting, as well as leading the management and administration of the Xactium risk management system. You will work closely with the Head of Profession - Risk to champion implementation of the risk process and standards across the directorate; drive continuous improvement in risk, opportunity and issue management and provide risk management guidance to programme risk managers. You will play a critical role in ensuring data quality and integrity are maximised to inform informed business performance conversations and performance analysis.
What you'll be leading on
- As the subject matter expert support the Project and Programme Controls Lead and Head of Profession - Risk in developing and embedding the directorate risk management process and undertake reviews to ensure effective risk management processes are being implemented.
- Promote Best Practice across Major Projects and the Business and provide advice and guidance to the Programme Risk Managers in the application of the process and on the classification and reporting of risks; ensure that the process is understood and fully utilised so that risks are effectively recognised and managed
- Drive continuous improvement in the quality of risk registers across Major Projects including effective language, all risks have owners assigned, and action plans which are implemented in a timely manner.
- Develop and provide a monthly portfolio risk and opportunity report as part of the monthly reporting and review cycle including leading indicators and associated analysis.
- Be the central point of contact for the new Risk Management system within Major Projects. Support and champion future development of the system.
To be successful
- Experience of implementing risk management processes and developing appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Experience of capturing, analysing and reporting risk management data at a programme or portfolio level
- Strong collaborator with expert communication skills and a track record of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders to gain engagement.
- High resilience, to deal constructively working in a fast paced environment with conflicting priorities and setbacks.
- Strong analytical skills, to develop, analyse and provide commentary on project plans and performance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.