- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Lead Liveable Neighbourhoods
To identify, develop, deliver and monitor policies and programmes to promote sustainable transport within the framework of the council's overall policy objectives.
This role has a particular focus on developing measures to promote walking, cycling and healthy street environments.
- To lead on the development of the Liveable Neighbourhood project, making a significant contribution to the delivery of the council's sustainable transport objectives.
- To maintain and improve existing knowledge of national and local planning and transport policies and issues at every opportunity. To include a particular focus on new approaches, ensuring the council is at the forefront of thinking in the field.
- To be responsible for embedding an evidenced based approach to transport policy and project formation and decision making, including developing the council's transport evidence base and policy evaluation tools. To include the development of a monitoring programme to assess the impacts of the Liveable Neighbourhood project.
- To provide evidence based, impartial advice and guidance and recommendations to a wide range of stakeholders, including Members, amenity groups and the general public, including specialist advice in the field of walking and cycling policy and practice.
- To lead on the identification, development, agreement and definition of projects to deliver the Liveable Neighbourhood and the council's transport and wider policy objectives, ensuring that investment is targeted and has measurable outcomes.
- To prepare, submit and manage funding submissions to Transport for London and other funding agencies as appropriate.
- To be responsible for commissioning and procuring support and services from suppliers, including working closely with the council's Procurement and Legal teams as necessary.
- To manage sustainable transport projects through inception, project development, stakeholder engagement, delivery and evaluation as appropriate.
- To develop and enhance skills and capability within the Transport team, passing on knowledge and expertise to more junior members of staff.
- To represent the council at public meetings and forums. To deputise for the Transport and Public Realm Strategy Manager and other senior staff at events and other meetings as appropriate.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.