- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Real-time Embedded Software Engineers required to work with a global Automotive Tier One on Hybrid Vehicle technology.
Software engineers are required to possess a degree of self-discipline and initiative that will allow them to work unaided, solving engineering problems that are required by the position. Most of the work is centred on the development of new ideas and fitting them into custom architectures, which will require a large amount of creative thinking. The final software will be running in a safety critical system, so must be proven to be reliable to a high degree of rigour. The ability to spot potential problems and perform adequate testing at all levels of abstraction is essential.
- Developing embedded software for safety critical applications, primarily in the C programming language
- Interpret customer and product specifications to produce software functional specifications
- Software system design
- Documentation of architecture and high-level design
- Ensuring compliance with processes required by ASPICE and ISO 26262
- Ensuring that software design follows the company software and quality procedures
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely.
- Mentoring junior software developers
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
- Experience in development of real-time embedded software using the C programming language.
- Experience in the whole software development lifecycle, ideally, the V-model lifecycle.
- Experience working alongside and collaborating with controls and hardware engineering teams
- Knowledge of typical optimisation techniques and how to apply these to real-time systems
- Experience with formal coding standards.
- Debugging on real-time embedded systems.
- Dealing with real time operating systems
Desirable experience and skills:
- Knowledge of or experience of working with Simulink and associated code generation tools. Experience of software development for safety critical applications standards required by IEC61508 or one of its derivatives
- Experience of signal processing and knowledge of associated techniques used on real-time software.
- An understanding of signal acquisition at the hardware level, with an ability to follow a circuit's schematic layout
- An understanding of basic principles and laws of electronics
- Experience working on projects for use in automotive systems
- Basic understanding of motor control and power electronics
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science / Software Engineering, BEng (Hons) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent. 2.1 or higher grade
- Significant and proven professional experience as a software engineer
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.