- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior BIM Technician
My client is looking for an experienced BIM Technician who is competant in either Revit Structure or Civil 3D to work for in their Blackburn office.
Due to continued growth my clients Water team in Blackburn are looking to recruit talented BIM and Senior BIM Technicians with specialist knowledge of one or more BIM packages to help them improve their delivery services even further.
BIM underpins my clients on-going successes in many sectors, and they are leaders in its use within the water industry.
The team in Blackburn are using their technical expertise to support United Utilities in delivering a range of infrastructure and treatment projects in the region, bringing great benefit to the end client client, the communities they serve, and to the environment.
Within the role you will play a key technical role within the team, with the potential to deploy your talents in a number of different ways. You will produce 3D models in collaboration with other staff and external partners, including "preliminary", "construction" and "as built" drawings.
You will also produce outputs from these models for various uses by other disciplines (eg: structural and hydraulic analysis, setting out on site, stakeholder engagement).
You will have the opportunity to join surveys and site visits, where you can advise staff and client representatives about the applications of BIM.
Projects that you might expect to get involved in will include flood risk alleviation, sewer rehabilitation, and water/wastewater treatment works. You will be involved in the full design lifecycle of each project.
Furthermore, you will be encouraged to research and advise on BIM innovations, and assist the team in the Implementation thereof, with the potential to co-ordinate small teams.
- Expert knowledge of Revit Structure or Civil 3D
- Able to work on your own initiative, whilst displaying a commitment to contribute to, and learn from, the wider team
- An appreciation of civil engineering design and construction, experience in schematics would be beneficial
- Familiar with developing standards and implementing them across teams
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Previous water/wastewater industry experience would be advantageous, but not essential
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.