- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Software Engineer (Embedded Software)
The company have recently been awarded a prestigious contract in which they are a major player in the latest training and technology solutions!
THE COMPANY, AWARED INNOVATION AWARD 2019!
The company are a Global leader in the Engineering Technology sector, providing solutions to customers and partners in over 100 countries! Due to recent project wins, the company are working closely with key Technology partners within the industry and are looking for a number of Software Engineers to join the team!
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for applying discipline domain expertise to the design, development and test of new and existing embedded software products.
For the Senior Embedded Software Engineer this is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to build on their current experience in an interesting and challenging area.
The Software Engineer will have responsibility for producing customer deliverable software in a structured, process driven environment. This will include, but is not limited to, development of the embedded software design architecture, models, configuration of embedded processors Multi ARM SoC, software components, software tests and documentation as well as being involved in the review, verification and build processes.
- Experience in Software design / Development, experience of C++/C/Assembler embedded software development.
- Expertise in design, coding, debugging, reviewing and testing embedded software
- Experience of developing embedded software for RTOS, embedded Linux (eg Petalinux) and bare metal applications on multi ARM processors.
- Familiarity with the product lifecycle from system requirements, architecture, algorithm development, modelling, design, integration, qualification, verification, through to production and support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and proven ability to work and deliver to deadlines.
- Educational qualifications: Minimum Technical Degree relating to Computer Science or Software Engineering / Electronics or equivalent.
- Application of discipline domain knowledge to the design, development and test of embedded software components on time, within budget and with required quality
- Experience of implementing Ethernet networking solutions including knowledge of TCP networking
- Experience of implementing efficient time critical embedded software on multi ARM SoC devices.
- Ability to optimise hardware performance by understanding low level hardware and software interaction.
- Ability to write optimised code for resource limited hardware
- Experience of development environments including SDK/Eclipse,
- An understanding of Configuration Management and Quality Assurance principles
- Experience participating in software design and enhancement (discussion and architectural definition of key technologies)
- Extensive experience of software development including platform bring-up and low level debugging.
- Experience of device driver and system software level.
- Knowledge of SoC hardware components and software interfaces to them
All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.