- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client, a mechanical and electrical contractor in the water sector are looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead the projects team based in Hailsham, East Sussex.
Our client are looking for a Senior Project Manager to be responsible for managing and leading the Hailsham project team, internal departments and site labour to facilitate the completion of installation and refurbishment works in the Southern Water region, along with the fostering of closer working relationships with new and existing clients in order to deliver efficient and profitable projects across Hailsham's Area of Responsibility to time and up to quality standards.
This role requires an experienced and commercially astute Mechanical/Electrical Engineer, qualified to HND level (or equivalent experience), who can proactively manage a team of project managers, engineers, repair engineers and technical personnel to deliver engineering projects from start to end. The candidate will have the ability to understand the systems and processes associated with wastewater treatment. Knowledge of NEC3 contracts is essential.
- Take ownership of all assigned jobs and lead the Projects Team to deliver them.
- Coordinate all Dumfries activities and be responsible for the effective management of all assigned projects within the Dumfries area of responsibility to deliver a quality service which meets or exceeds customer's expectations.
- Carry out site inspections/visits and compile survey reports for quotations.
- Ensure that you and your project managers initiate, plan, execute, control and closeout projects to meet defined project parameters and use/update all jobs on the Company software (Enterprise) regularly.
- Estimate jobs within contractual time constraints, producing solutions and quotations for customers ensuring maximum profits whilst maintaining quality standards and excellent customer service.
- Provide specific job costings and implement financial controls where needed.
- Ensure effective leadership and management e.g. to time, quality, efficiencies, cost and other defined parameters. This includes the strict management of on-site staff under your control i.e. overtime, safety, quality etc.
- Provide detailed project reports including GANNT charts on request and be prepared to brief on Dumfries activity at the weekly Operations Coordination meeting.
- Liaise and support all other departments as needed in order to support business objectives and develop the forward progression of the Company. Cross utilisation of manpower and assets.
- Maximise sales opportunities by offering innovative solutions to customers and encouraging all personnel to do the same.
- Engineering qualified ideally to Degree/HND or equivalent experience considered.
- Project management trained.
- Confined spaces to City and Guilds (desirable).
- Manual handling qualification (desirable).
- SMSTS - Site safety management (Min).
Knowledge & Skills
- Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of wastewater screens and the systems and processes within which they work (desirable).
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety Issues in connection with the construction industry.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of staff and work in a systematic and organised manner to ensure work is completed within set timescales.
- Project management, planning and coordination.
- Ability to carry out site inspections and compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
- IT literate - excellent computer skills.
- Ability to undertake risk assessments.
- Produce and operate Gannt charts.
- Excellent financial and commercial understanding/mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and customer service skills
- Some years' experience working on industrial equipment/engineering equipment.
- Some years' experience of managing a team for successful delivery of time critical engineering projects.
- Water industry/environmental experience.
- Installation, commissioning and setting up of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls.
- Success in delivering engineering projects to tight deadlines.
- Track record in selling engineering services.
- Managing Contracts (NEC3 etc.).
- Able to communicate effectively to the customers, company management and staff.
- To work as part of a team and to manage/co-operate with other staff.
- Conduct the work activities in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the company.
- Must hold current valid driving licence.
- Able to work outside on sites which are connected with wastewater (sewage).
- Able to carry out work tasks that involve physical strength, stamina, standing, kneeling or crouching.
Working hours: 40 hour week (Monday to Friday)
Holiday: 23 days pa plus Bank Holidays
Pension: Company pension scheme available to join
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.