- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Marine Systems Design Engineer
Are you a MARINE SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER with experience in a shipyard environment?
This growing company is looking for an experienced MARINE SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER to join their team following recent success.
MARINE SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER EXPERIENCE:
5+ years relevant professional technological experience, preferably within the Shipbuilding industry. Have experience of working and interpreting engineering drawings
MARINE SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER QUALIFICATION:
Recognised qualification in Marine Systems Design Engineering
MARINE SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Marine Systems Design Engineer you are responsible for the design and engineering of ships' piping systems and installations.
You will align, collaborate, and provide expertise and technical information to Customers, Company Depts. and third parties (subcontractors, suppliers).
You will be required to apply technical knowledge in accordance with applicable regulatory body rules, regulations, and industry standards to develop analyses and products in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Participation in Company-driven research and development activities
- Concept and feasibility design studies of engineering systems
- Prepare technical proposals for Customers
- Contribute to project planning: deliverables, scope, conditions, activities, resources, budget, timelines, progress
- Formulate technical specifications in accordance with Customer requirements
- Support the preparation of submittals to relevant Classification Society and other regulatory bodies
- Perform design studies and prepare basic design documents (conceptual system diagrams, heat balance, pressure loss calculation, pump sizing etc)
- Make technical calculations for heat and cooling loads, pipe sizing, pump and valve selection; interpret data, evaluate feasibility and assess risks
- Compose detailed 2D design and drawings including instructions for construction (P&ID systems diagrams; heat balance)
- Updating and review of 3D design model
- Prepare Bill of Materials including technical procurement details
- Support the development of standard technical processes and procedures
- Technical management of engineering subcontractors during construction
- Technical representative (alignment / expertise / support) within the Company
- Contribute to test and commissioning programs (also during construction stage)
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems (also during construction stage)
- Maintain technical documentation
- Production support through build, including management of change process
MARINE SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Experienced working in complex project environments within commercial industrial businesses
- Broad technical expertise in the field of ships marine systems
- Familiar with national and international standards and regulations
- Proficient in detailed engineering with Calculation & Engineering software
- Proficient in detailed engineering with 2D & 3D CAD software
- Proficient in Office software, especially MS Excel
- Good spoken and written communication skills for dealing with people both within and outside the engineering profession.
This is an urgent requirement, so please apply now, or email your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.