- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Assistant Design Manager (Archaeologist)
Our client are looking for an Assistant Design Manager (Archaeologist) to help them with their increased workload on the HS2 project based in the Birmingham office.
The Assistant Design Manager (Archaeologist) will be responsible for the following;
- Archaeological scoping, preliminary design, preparing detailed design briefs and planning the works.
- Checking and analysing baseline results from HS2 works
- Review scheme design
- Recommending new scope and reporting to Design Manager
- Reviewing draft Project Plans and fieldwork reports for compliance against the Historic Environment Research and Delivery Strategy (HERDS) and other HS2 Technical Standards
- Keeping accurate records for audit purposes by use of trackers and registers
- Provide draft spatial data to inform Design Manager, and inform and update Spatial Data Records Manager
- Informing and liaising with stakeholder groups including Local Planning Authorities (LPA) and Highways England (HE) and maintain stakeholder register of engagement
- Present design progress to HS2 and stakeholders
- Reporting progress to relevant management for onward reporting to director and client level forums
- Supporting development of less experienced members of the team
Minimum Qualifications required
- A degree in Archaeology or associated subjects.
- Relevant Archaeological project design office experience.
- GIS experience in particular (ArcGIS/QGIS essential).
- MS Office and document management essential
- At least Associate Level Membership of Chartered Institute for Archaeology (CifA).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.