- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
EC&I Design Engineer
Fantastic opportunity for up to two contractors to join a leading global supplier of naval handling aids systems, along with control and simulation products and services for the marine industry.
This role will require the individual to obtain Security Clearance (if not already possessed) as you will be undertaking EC&I (Electrical, Control and Instrumentation) equipment design activity on the Type 26 Royal Navy warships.
Under the guidance of the Principal Engineer, you will be involved in specification and development of C&I and Platform Management systems (PMS). please note, applicants MUST be capable of CAD drawing C&I equipment and panel designs (Preferable in AutoCAD), producing general arrangements, assembly, schematic, wiring drawings and supporting documentation.
Other Responsibilities are to include:
- Decompose and derive C&I and control system equipment requirements and standards applicable to a warship, to which equipment will be designed and accepted, balancing cost and risk against capability and customer requirement.
- Assist in C&I / Equipment selection, compliancy, design, testing, integration, installation, commissioning and acceptance phases.
- Produce and maintain technical / equipment specifications; assist in the development of engineering plans, statement of work; technical assessment of client requirements; and the technical evaluation of supplier bids and correspondence.
- Develop C&I Electrical and mechanical designs; producing general arrangement, schematic and wiring drawings with supporting documentation,
- Be able to assess and advise C&I and technical suitability for application in the intended environment.
- Produce and maintain ownership of the design deliverable items, including instrument data sheets, cable schedules, panel/enclosure designs, interface drawings, loop drawings and cable block diagrams etc.
If you are interested and would like to know more, please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.