- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Engineer - BAE067155 - Yeovil - 6 Months
LTD £46.00 / PAYE £35.91
BAE Systems Defence Information (DI) Tactical Datalinks Group is a business area that develops and supports a number of Tactical Datalink systems deployed on a variety of operational platforms, air, sea and land from its Yeovil site. The system solutions exploit a number of existing in-house products allowing management of Tactical Datalinks, situational awareness through to command and control of assets via the Datalink.
New products are continually being designed and developed in order to provide improved interoperability and beyond line of sight connectivity, with particular focus on web browser user interfaces and normalised data exchange via IP networks.
As a Software Engineer you will report to your appropriate Team Leader, Engineering Project Manager and Project Design Authority as applicable. Your responsibilities will include implementation of the technical solution and the testing involved in verifying the solution.
You will also be required to help in diagnosing and solving identified issues. As part of the development team you will be expected to work closely with your team members, and support the development, test, and support leads in the daily activities.
The key accountabilities for a Software Engineer are:
- Understanding approved technical designs.
- Develop software solutions in line with the approved technical designs.
- Accurately report on own progress.
- Complete work to a high standard and within estimates
- Support System Test Activities
- Act in a manner commensurate with BAE Systems required standard
- The job holder typically requires an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in terms of formal education. Additional relevant knowledge, experience and product expertise can offset the normal qualification requirements.
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate (Commensurate with experience):
- A reasonable understanding of the software development lifecycle, from design through to test.
- A working knowledge of software development processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing and configuration), and development tools (e.g. code editors, source code control, defect reporting systems)
- Experience in project specific tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect
This role requires full Security Clarence (SC) prior to working onsite.
You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain Security Clearance.
This role involves direct access to ITAR Materials, therefore we can only consider a sole British National for this role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.