- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We have two exciting opportunities for Software Engineers to join Matchtech's key client based in Yeovil.
As a Software Engineer you will report to your appropriate Team Leader, Engineering Project Manager and Project Design Authority as applicable.
Your responsibilities will include implementation of the technical solution and the testing involved in verifying the solution. You will also be required to help in diagnosing and solving identified issues.
As part of the development team you will be expected to work closely with your team members, and support the development, test, and support leads in the daily activities.
The key accountabilities for a Software Engineer are:
● Understanding approved technical designs.
● Develop software solutions in line with the approved technical designs.
● Accurately report on own progress.
● Complete work to a high standard and within estimates
● Support System Test Activities
● Act in a manner commensurate with BAE Systems required standards
The job holder typically requires an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in terms of formal education. Additional relevant knowledge, experience and product expertise can offset the normal qualification requirements.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate (Commensurate with experience):
● A reasonable understanding of the software development lifecycle, from design through to test.
● A working knowledge of software development processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing and configuration), and development tools (e.g. code editors, source code control, defect reporting systems)
● Experience in project specific tools and processes such as DOORS, Enterprise Architect
Ideally your skills and qualifications will also include:
● A knowledge of Tactical Data Links and Datalink processing from a software implementation perspective
*please note, candidates must be SC cleared/clearable and able to access ITAR data to apply*
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.