- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Field Support Engineer
There is a new opportunity for a Field Support Engineer to join our client, based at UK MOD sites in Chippenham alongside 21 Signal Regiment.
Field Engineers are required to work within the UK.
To be a member of the Falcon Forward Support Contractor Logistic Support (FCLS) Team providing regional support based within Falcon Customer organisations/units based at UK MoD sites within MOD Colerne alongside 21 Signal Regiment.
The Forward Team, which in turn is further supported by a Falcon Rear CLS Management/Engineering/Logistic enterprise based from Christchurch in Dorset, will provide the delivery of following high level services which are measured against contracted Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
1. Local Helpdesk Facility (Incident, Problem & Query management)
2. Technical Support to MoD and internal customer (H/W, S/W and logistics)
3. Logistics Support (management of forward stores inventory & supply chain)
4. Fault and Incident Report screening through experience, support from Rear CLS and customer interaction
5. Management of Modifications/Upgrades
6. Metrics capture/collation/reporting for helpdesk, equipment availability and utilisation
7. Local management of office including SHE, security and helpdesk manning
8. Delivery of logistical spares support and Technical Falcon L4 SME user interaction and problem resolution to MOD Falcon users across an assigned regional area.
The current Falcon CLS service is to be delivered until at least Jan 21 at three key customer sites in support of the execution of the Falcon CLS Service.
Preferred candidates must be skilled, experienced and comfortable in dealing with senior members of the military/MOD (customer) and BAE Systems.
Additionally the Forward CLS Team Engineers will be required to work with both the Customer and BAE Rear Management Team to develop, establish, document, implement and improve detailed "End to End" In-Service Support processes and procedures.
Motivation and flexibility will be key personal traits in this often demanding, but ultimately rewarding role.
Successful candidate(s) are required / expected to visit assigned regional sites on a minimum of a weekly basis and be prepared to support Customer interaction up to 50 miles from base locations.
Specific knowledge and experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
1. Military (Land and/or Air) communications systems and operational concepts - and specifically previous Falcon training and skills.
2. Secure IP based solutions including CISCO routing products, and radio communications equipment
3. Service management and Logistics IS/IT including ITIL framework
4. Supply chain operations and accounting.
5. Valid driver's licence
*Candidates must be SC cleared/clearable*
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.