- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Software Assurance Engineer
There is an opportunity live for a Software Assurance Engineer to join our client, one of the biggest Defence companies in the UK. The role is based in Barrow and is an initial 12 month contract paying up to £42.69p/h.
This role is to provide software assurance activities required to meet the needs of a broad range of systems, including technologies such as industrial control systems, smart instrumentation, PLCs and programmable hardware. In this role they are looking for someone to;
* Ensure Software requirements are adequately flowed into the design baseline.
* Interact with Engineers to ensure that the software components within System Designs are adequately managed and Design Documentation is acceptable.
* Review the software content of Technical Specifications for equipment and systems.
* Assess the software content of tenders and provide software specialist input to vender selection panels.
* Liaise with Safety Engineers, to ensure a coherent approach to software management is applied.
* Liaise with Software Suppliers to maintain assurance of design intent, and to monitor resolution of issues that may compromise compliance with the requirements.
* Witnessing of testing at the Suppliers premises.
* Prepare acceptance evidence for Software and submit to the appropriate requirement owner for acceptance in accordance with the acceptance submissions process.
* Produce and compile evidence in support of the Software and Software Safety Requirements.
* Contribute to the identification and rapid closure of defects and issues emerging from testing and trials, and maintain oversight of any resulting change embodiment or concession activities.
* Provide assurance to the Business that software related activities are being undertaken in accordance with relevant policies, plans and processes.
* Support the build, setting to work and commissioning of software related systems.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.