- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Deputy Project Director, Warship Design
Located in Halifax, a beautifully scenic maritime city on the East Coast of Canada, our leading shipbuilding Client are building the next generation of warships for the Royal Canadian Navy.
The Deputy Project Director, Warship Design will serve as lead representative in Europe for project activities, managing the relationship between the shipyard and the parent vessel shipyard as well as other key vendors and organizations based overseas. This will include facilitation of international travel by company personnel, setup of overseas satellite offices, and support of international recruiting efforts.
This person will be primary point of contact with the Warship Designer (WD) responsible for defining and developing the various platforms systems and integrating the selected combat systems into the ship platform. They will ensure that the business establishes a strong strategic relationship with our Design Subcontractor, in order to harness their experience and technical expertise while maintaining position as project leads, shipbuilder, and the gatekeepers to the customer. They will also serve as the lead interface between Project Management and the Platform Systems and Design for Build teams and support their role in providing technical oversight and producing a design that can be planned, manufactured, built, tested and commissioned within the Shipyard in a cost effective and timely manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide overall accountability for Subcontractor performance and relationship
- Work alongside the project leadership team to align the various functional teams that come together to deliver the project
- Manage and monitor assigned areas of the project to ensure their completion within budget, to schedule and in compliance with the project and quality requirements
- Supervise their section of the project management organization to ensure all aspects of the work are progressing satisfactorily
- Support development and implementation of program strategy and plans
- Manage assigned deliverables including Definition Contract plans and reports including review of subcontractor deliverables
- Conduct and convene progress meetings internally including production of progress reports
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams in support of development of the project design
- Participate in negotiations with vendors
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree is essential
- Masters of Business Administration would be desirable
- Proven extensive experience working in naval ship design, commercial shipbuilding, or other large military procurement program is a must
- Proven ability to lead a team to achieve high performance levels in a complex fast-moving environment
- Ability to manage through teamwork and influence
- Knowledge of working with a Government and Naval customer base
- Knowledge of risk management processes and principles
- Strong personal time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in English, both orally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
Send your CV to Louise.Lees@matchtech.com for more information
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.