- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Design Engineer (Siemens NX)
Our client, a leading supplier of Engineering Services to the Aerospace/Defence industry, are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work on contract out of their site in Bristol.
In this position you will be responsible for developing 3D-CAD models, manufacturing drawings and supporting documentation for complex aerospace products that meet the company's quality system procedures and customer specifications.
The successful candidate would:
- Be responsible for the creation of component design solutions of complex aerospace assemblies that meet given sub-system requirements and product attributes.
- Exhibit strong technical knowledge in mechanical design methodologies and have an understanding of cross-discipline engineering concepts which include but are not limited to manufacturing engineering, high pressure hydraulic component systems, hydraulic and mechanical actuators including leadscrews and geared systems, cost engineering and product definition.
- Apply latest methods, tools and techniques in Robust Design for Design for Manufacture (DfM) and Assembly (DfX) liaising with Manufacturing Engineering.
- Prepare design solutions, review and agree them with responsible specialists.
- Present at business and technical review gates.
- Formulate conceptual design of aerospace products to meet customer requirements.
- Check and approve 3D-CAD models and drawings created by other team members.
- Carry out formula based calculations for dimensioning of parts and components.
- Provide technical responses to enquiries from customers.
- Perform processing of design modification on existing parts in 3D-CAD.
- Create time plans, work scope estimates, if applicable present selected alternatives in detail.
Preferred Skills/ Education/Experience:
- Engineering degree in mechanical, design, or other related engineering disciplines.
- Proven experience working in related engineering field, ideally aerospace however, other highly regulated engineering sectors will be considered.
- Expert knowledge of CAD software Siemens NX (ideally NX11).
- Proficient with PLM applications. Teamcenter preferred however other systems experience may be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills; ability to prioritise.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and complete projects on time.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong team skills.
- MS Office applications.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.