- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Innovation Project Manager
Our client are looking for an experienced project manager from an engineering background to work within their innovation team on some exciting forward thinking projects.
Manage Network Innovation Allowance (NIA) and support Network Innovation Competition (NIC) project delivery, including:
- Set up innovation projects and drive them through different stages of delivery to closure and handover to business as usual implementation
- Manage the research, development, demonstration, and business-as-usual implementation of novel technologies and/or novel commercial arrangements;
- Prepare cost-benefit analyses, business cases, and retrospective benefits assessments for new and existing innovation projects;
- Total project budget responsibility of up to £2 million;
- Ensure projects are managed and delivered in compliance with relevant internal and external standards, procedures, and governance; including documentation & to comply with stage-gated governance and monthly project health reporting;
- Liaise with supply chain, contractors, engineering experts, and/or internal installation resources to ensure project delivery, they have adequate resources; and hold them accountable for time, cost, quality, health and safety, and environmental performance of their respective project tasks;
- Manage project risks, issues, and changes as they arise; and where an issue needs to be escalated to senior management, prepare briefings, options, and expert advice to enable an effective and timely decision;
- Prepare and review project progress, deliverables and technical reports that are submitted to Ofgem and published in public domain;
- Liaise with subject matter experts across the business & externally and/or provide technical inputs where necessary
- Ensure dissemination of knowledge and learning to internal and external stakeholders using a wide range of communications channels;
- Engage directly and build strong relationships with our internal and external stakeholders at a senior level
Ensure projects are managed and delivered in compliance with relevant standards, procedures, and governance, including:
- Electricity Network Innovation Allowance Governance and Electricity Network Innovation Competition Governance documents;
- UK Power Networks' internal Innovation Governance and Procedures
- UK Power Networks' standards and procedures for project management, risk management, change management, quality assurance, health and safety, and procurement;
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The Innovation Project Manager will require good problem solving and project delivery capabilities to deal with challenges and opportunities associated with future low carbon networks for which no 'blueprint' currently exists. The role requires extensive breadth of thinking, not limited to technological solutions but open to innovative out-of-box solutions to the future challenges and opportunities impacting the business. The role requires an experienced project manager who is capable of managing innovation projects and who possesses most of the following skills
- Degree or HNC qualification, ideally in engineering, science, or management
- Project/programme management qualification at APMP / Prince2 level or equivalent is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent knowledge of design, planning and operation of electricity distribution or transmission networks.
- Excellent knowledge of electricity network assets and switchgear
- Proven experience of successfully leading complex projects involving a structured project management framework, multidisciplinary teams, and multiple internal/external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to communicate clearly and confidently with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Excellent written communication skills, with an evidenced ability to write clearly, concisely, and effectively for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills to manage relationships with other internal directorates, teams and other third parties.
- Resilient personality, enthusiastic, and able to work well as part of a highly-focused team.
- Excellent self-organisation and self-motivation skills; able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, under pressure and to hard deadlines, with a focus on delivering outputs.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.