- All duties required by the commercial department or project team, to ensure successful setup and running of a project or projects in compliance with all company standards and in particular the "GMCE's and Gated Business Lifecycle";
- Advising the Project Manager and Senior QS / Commercial Manager early, of any potential over-spends, non-compliances and any other problem areas on the project;
- Take responsibility within the Project Team to ensure projects are setup on the company accounting system with a suitable Work Breakdown Structure in line with OPSTAT guidelines;
- Take responsibility for accepting budget & tender data from successful tenders into the Company accounting/Reporting System;
- Take responsibility within the Commercial Department and Project Team with the preparation of the monthly project reports from the Company accounting/Reporting System;
- Take responsibility for the preparation of the monthly Applications and Invoicing to ensure submission in a timely manner of an accurate document aimed at maximising the company's financial position;
- Take responsibility for notifying your client early of any increased project value or delay to project completion.
- Meet with your clients commercial representative on a monthly basis to discuss certificates;
- Take responsibility for the collection of cash and pursuit of certificates from clients in a timely manner, in order to maximise the company's cash flow position;
- Take responsibility for ensuring inputting of Applications and invoices (recording accurately) onto the company accounts system including payment certificates;
- Take responsibility for the accuracy in producing accurate cash flow forecasts weekly;
- Take responsibility for raising PO requisitions, GRN and Off Hiring of plant equipment on the company accounting system (where necessary) in order to ensure accurate cost information on projects.
- Energetic, positive person with a wish to solve problems and comply with procedures;
- A commercial diploma or degree is preferable;
- Proven record of experience running projects;
- Full driving licence;
- Ensure Balfour Beatty's Code of Conduct is thoroughly understood, adhered to and promoted across the business to ensure safe, compliant and consistent working practices;
- To operate in an open and even handed manner with all personnel across the business. Treat all who we interact with, with courtesy and respect, treating everyone equally and embracing differences. Encourage everyone to achieve maximum potential;
- To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working. To listen to each other and share knowledge enabling us to willingly combine expertise across the business and with our clients and supply chain;
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times. To always do what is right;
- To take personal responsibility & accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.