- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Combat Systems Integration Engineer
There is an opportunity for a Combat Systems Integration Engineer to join Matchtech's key client based in Scotstoun, Glasgow, this will be working within Data Integration.
Integration is the process by which we bring individual components, subsystems and systems together to deliver operational capability. It encompasses a broad spectrum of tasks, from low level design and analysis of complex system data interfaces through to the physical integration, testing and ultimately trials of the complex system of systems that together form a naval combat system. Integration Engineers play a pivotal role in getting these systems installed, working and talking to each other, both ashore and on the platform. Working to deliver the body of evidence in support of requirements demonstration and acceptance.
* Visualisation techniques to aid our customers in defining future capability requirements and developing CONOPS, CONEMP and CONUSE for current and future fleet
* Advice on Combat System design and architecting for Integration (as defined in DefStan 21-88)
* Early testing and analysis of systems in development prior to formal release
* Advanced simulation toolsets and support designed to ensure that our Combat Systems products will meet or exceed their specifications in theatre
* Development, maintenance and support to the specialist integration tools required to support Combat System integration both ashore and on the platform
* Physical integration expertise to ensure safe and timely installation of equipment on target platforms
* Traditional Combat Systems integration expertise with specialists in a wide range of sensors, effectors and their interactions and performance
* Command System integration expertise applicable to shore and platform operations (including Share Computing Environment developments)
* Infrastructure integration including the integration of COTS network and server arrangements as well as a broad range of legacy highway and network technologies
* Platform sensor, director and weapon system alignment expertise
* Integration facilities management skills and experience applicable to both current and future facilities requirements
* Operational capability analysis, assessment and advice
* Combat System trials planning and execution skills applicable to the entire Royal Navy surface fleet and the export market.
Tasks and Activities:
* Facilities management
* Integration tools and synthetic test environment
* Ship weapon system engineering
* Combat system alignment
* Combat system integration
* Command system integration (including Shared Computing Environment)
* Infrastructure integration (Including Shared Network Infrastructure)
* Trials co-ordination
* Minimum 2.2 Honours Degree (or equivalent experience)
* Typically first appointment post Graduate Development Programme; ex Engineering Higher Apprenticeship programme; or direct entry experienced hire
* Understands engineering approaches, processes and procedures
* Designs and develops solutions to common or well-articulated Engineering situations
* Works with supervision
* Specific skills requirements for integration sub disciplines
* Single project/product experience for larger project or platforms.
* Alternatively limited diversity of experience for smaller projects or platforms. Experience required in one sub-discipline of integration.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.