- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client is looking for a hydrogeologist with 2-5 years experience to work in Stoke-on-Trent, or one of their other offices throughout the UK - Leeds, Birmingham, Manchester, London, Bolton, Newcastle
This is a great opportunity for a hydrogeologist with 2-5 years of post-graduate experience to work within our small but growing Water Team. The position is a full time position (although part time applicants will be considered) to work at our Stoke office with other members of the existing Water Team (we will consider the role to be based from any of our UK offices).
The Water Team are involved in a broad range of projects within the UK and internationally. Our UK work is mainly driven by work with our planning and permitting colleagues on a wide range of developments such as housing estates, quarries and landfills. As well as completing EIA water resources chapters, WFD assessments, landfill HRAs and dewatering projects we are also involved in a wide variety of niche projects. Recent projects have included supporting our geotechnical colleagues on groundwater related subsidence issues, providing hydrogeological support on mine stabilisations projects and assessing the source of alkali drainage for a construction site.
Overseas, we help mining companies secure funding and safeguard local communities through our work on Feasibility Studies and Environmental and Social Impact Assessments. A major recent project has included the development of a 3D groundwater flow model for a greenfield gold mine. Additionally we have produced water chapters for scoping studies for a variety of commodities and geographical locations.
The Water Team is comprised of 8 team members with a variety of skills and backgrounds and includes hydrogeologists, environmental scientists and hydrogeochemists. We are seeking someone who is able to:
* Design, develop and supervise groundwater drilling and sampling site investigations;
* Collate, analyse and interpret groundwater and surface water level and quality datasets;
* Develop hydrogeological and hydrological conceptual site models for a variety of geological settings and facilities including quarries, mines and landfills; and
* Scope technical sections for proposal documents and provide written and financial input to tenders.
Excellent written and organisational skills and a proven understanding of budgets and deadlines are a must-have.
A successful candidate will require:
* Field experience of different drilling techniques in a variety of geological settings.
* Field experience of the collection of groundwater and surface water samples as well as hydraulic parameters.
* Working knowledge of modelling packages ideally to include P20 and landSim.
* Knowledge of and familiarity with quarrying, mining and landfills is an advantage.
* A relevant undergraduate degree in the geological sciences.
* A relevant masters qualification preferably in hydrogeology.
* A full driving license is essential.
* A competitive salary.
* Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%.
* Payment of relevant professional subscriptions.
* 24 days annual leave per year.
* Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme.
* Inclusion in the Firm's Permanent Health Insurance Policy.
* Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
* Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
* Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
* Long service awards.
* Cycle to Work Scheme.
* Travel Loans.
* Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.