- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Designer (Plant, Tool & Gauge)
A Designer (Plant, Tool & Gauge), in the Glascoed Engineering Design Office, to support Manufacturing and Engineering programmes in the preparation of technical data to define the Plant Tool & Gauge requirements for the site.
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore we can only consider British Nationals for this role and cannot consider those who hold a Dual Nationality. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
- Provision of design schemes at concept stages and detailed final design of process tooling and equipment
- Production of full engineered drawings and schedules from either 3D models, 2D CAD generated data or manual techniques in support of site engineering programmes
- Involvement with the Design Review process
- Provide input to monthly reports
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Design
- Previous experience of working with Siemens NX 9 design software and Teamcenter PLM software would be beneficial.
- Experienced designer in the field of jigs, tools and fixtures, filling technology, mechanical handling systems, safety interlock systems and fume extraction systems, used in an explosive environment
- Experience of access structure fabrication design, e.g. platforms, flooring, stairways, ladders and fire escapes
- Can design complex gauges with a good understanding of related British Standards
- Previous experience of fluid power circuit design, including pneumatic, electro-pneumatic and hydraulic
- Experience of stress calculation and mitigation related to mechanical components and structures
- Experienced in the provision of plant layouts for a production environment or for safety assessment
- Liaise with external suppliers/manufacturers of plant, tool and gauge equipment to the site
- Has a good working knowledge of the specific standards relating to process safety (ATEX, PUWER, LOLER, Pressure Systems, etc.)
- Knowledge in the usage of various engineering materials in an explosive environment would be beneficial.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.