- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Customer Support Manager
Customer Technical Support Leader required for a new green and efficient power unit technology.
Work with a World Leader in development of a new generation of green and efficient power units. With its unique expertise and technology, the company is pioneering efforts to bring this breakthrough solution to volume production.
We are looking at recruiting a Senior Customer Support Manager, reporting into the Chief Engineer. This is a new role for the business. The Customer Support Manager will be responsible for leading the planning, direction and delivery of all customer technical support activities to the agreed time, cost and quality requirements to meet company business plans and the product roadmap.
The successful candidate will create the product support organisation and processes in the company and will drive the development of both customer application engineering and service/aftermarket capability for high volume production.
- Create a clear customer support strategy, to include application engineering, pre-sales technical support and service/aftermarket support.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that the customer support strategy is aligned with all internal stakeholders.
- Interface directly to the Executive board for approval of the customer support strategy.
- Monitor and report the current status of the customer support strategy to the Executive Board and also the needs raised by each department which will support the customer support strategy.
- Work closely with marketing to develop comprehensive customer profiles and feed these into the customer support strategy.
- Lead the interface between customers and the Engineering function to both effectively communicate the technical capabilities of the product and also to channel customer requirements effectively into the product development process.
- Provide an effective communication link between marketing, sales and the company's operations departments ensuring the overall product strategy is executed seamlessly.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with pre-sales technical support.
- Define and lead customer education programme to ensure product is deployed to best advantage. This needs to be an ongoing process of building customer understanding of the product and how best to apply it to maximise the return on investment.
- Develop training material and deliver efficient training to customers to ensure effective installation and maintenance of units in the field
- Develop processes and operational model for service and maintenance of units in the field.
- Lead the quick and efficient installation and service of units in the field
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with aftersales technical support and service.
- Lead analysis of field data to improve efficiency and create competitive advantage
Leadership & Process
- Lead and recruit a team of highly skilled application & service engineers to deliver exceptional results.
- Provide outstanding leadership to team members, including opportunities for coaching and development, to maximize work output, work quality and overall workforce capability.
- Continuously reshape team best practices to provide highest business (time, cost, quality) & customer satisfaction with respect to product support.
- Identify patterns and problem areas, and implement effective solutions to increase overall effectiveness of the product support function capability & efficiency
- Liaise with other departments, such as finance and business development, to ensure that budgets and forecasts meet team and overall business goals and are realistic.
- A proven successful background of leadership in a Customer/Product Support role is essential
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge in customer and product support, both pre-sales and after-sales.
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking, organisational and leadership skills
- Experience of working in a medium/high volume manufacturing sector with knowledge of the related design processes and procedures.
- Experience of launching a new technical product would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of complete development lifecycle would be advantageous.
- A proven track record of delivering high levels of customer satisfaction in challenging timescales.
- A desire to be challenged and to contribute to the success of the business.
- Able to inspire team to strive for improvements and high customer service
- Exposure to emerging countries, especially in Africa would be an advantage
- A people person, engaging with good leadership credentials and excellent communication skills
- Outstanding external and internal influencing skills and top-class, progressive engineering management (planning, resource scheduling, performance & quality) abilities.
- Sets, agrees and delivers to targets.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.