- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Hybrid Systems Application Engineer
Hybrid Engine Applications Engineer to work with a small team of specialists, developing and supporting 48V Hybrid Systems.
Main purpose of position:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and ambitious engineer with a broad development skill set to join a small team of talented engineers. The Hybrid Applications Engineer will provide first class hybrid system development and calibration assistance for a new project. This would include trackside and dyno facility support in addition to office-based working. The successful candidate will be qualified to degree level with relevant low voltage design and calibration experience. Having a strong technical ability, you will be establishing new, and maintaining long-term relationships with clients.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Provide 48V Hybrid System technical direction and leadership.
- Lead hybrid development in the area of batteries and 48V components.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate 48V battery knowledge including industry and technical innovations.
- Completion of FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) process documents.
- Plan and manage DV/PV testing
- Develop Hybrid systems plan from proof of concept through to product verification and validation
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders on system design concepts, status and decision making.
- Support commercial team in the preparation of technical proposals and documentation.
- Prepare Risk Assessments covering the deployment of Hybrid systems trackside.
- Prepare and maintain project plans to ensure on time and fully functional hybrid system deployment.
- Manage the safe transportation of batteries and hybrid equipment
Skills and competencies
- Qualified to degree level in a related engineering discipline
- Excellent engine control strategy understanding
- Track record of Hybrid system development, integration and deployment.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical/electronic systems relevant to the position
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate under pressure, often with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with the motorsport data analysis software packages
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent team working capabilities
- Willingness to lead and take responsibility, reliably delivering on tasks and objectives
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in a customer support role
- Experience and training in High Voltage Hybrid Systems
- Proven project management skills
- Appreciation of auto-coding and developing engine control strategies in Matlab/Simulink
- Proven track record in delivering high end motorsport products and features
- Knowledge of motorsport wiring loom design and manufacturer
- Understanding of vehicle communication methods such as RS232, CAN, LIN, Ethernet and EtherCAT
- Basic understanding of computer programming languages such as C# and Visual Basic
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.