- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Developing Highways Manager
Our client is looking for a Senior Developing Highways Manager to join a busy team on a Permanent basis starting soon.
The post will be required to act as the senior officer within the Highway development control team who facilitate economic growth on the highway network, providing best value and maximisation of opportunities to enhance the highway network while supporting the developing needs of communities. through the management of development sites through such means as S38, S278 and S106 agreements. They will also lead on the development control work; countywide, on the large scale projects and developments and ensure that the team as a whole are supporting and facilitating the council's economic growth strategy.
- Act as senior officer for Developing Highways related matters for Shropshire Council
- Leading and providing professional advice on HDC matters to ensure that the requirements and objectives of the Council are met in respect of all new developments
- Manage the HDC budgets including maximising opportunities for income generation i.e. S38 income offset of contractual costs
- Act as service lead for CIL/S106 spend to ensure its use is appropriate and maximises value for money for the highway
- Through the consultancy contract commission, a number of services including and limited to:
- Extent of highway
- Contractual changed
- Section 38 agreements
- Section 106 agreements
- Section 278 agreements
- Land charges searches
- Highway planning advice
- Stopping up orders
- Technical checks and inspections
- Responsible for ensuring that affective and
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in a highway, construction or equivalent field or relevant experience
- Incorporated Engineer qualification or relevant experience
- Sound written and numeracy communication skills able to converse with engineering professionals and the like.
- Significant, demonstrable recent experience of managing/operating at a senior level including managing HDC agreements or highway contracts
- Experience of working in some aspect of transport planning or policy development with a demonstrated record of relevant project work.
- Demonstrative knowledge of highway and traffic authority functions.
- Experience of planning policy and development
Working conditions / environment:
- Mainly office environment
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working and home working available.
- £46,572 - £50,414 per year (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
- Monthly pay
Full job spec available on request.
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech are the largest and leading Highways and Transportation Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.