- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
DE&S Security Government Advisor
A new opportunity for a Security Governance Advisor has arisen with DE&S with excellent prospects of progression and career development.
As the Security Governance Advisor you shall be responsible for the designing the frameworks, and supporting the delivery of an effective Security organisational posture to manage security risks across various disciplines. The role has a significant impact on achievement of corporate objectives and regularly provides advice to senior personnel at the highest level within DE&S, wider Defence, Defence Industry, Other Government Departments (OGDs) and International Partners.
Day to day responsibilities may include:
* Align with relevant regulation, policy and standards to provide proportional, practical advice, tailored to the strategic environment, and advise relevant stakeholders on any residual risk
* Ensure security effect is delivered in alignment with Organisational objectives and standards
* Deliver informed/ evidence-based recommendations to decision-makers with a means of mitigating security risk and managing issues
* Design and support the implementation of security risk reduction methods, advising on residual risks and potential resolutions
* Advising the organisation on how to deliver balanced and cost-effective security outcomes in situations with complex scope or significant risk
* Develop approaches to effectively report risks and engage with relevant stakeholders, including those beyond the security profession
Ideally, you shall have previous experience of working as a security consultant in industry, a policy advisor in Government, or within a similar discipline/capacity. Essentially, you shall be able to demonstrate strong analytical and communication skills you shall provide sound and pragmatic advice based on detailed understanding of complex policies and legislation.
Previous experience of one or more of the following is also required:
* Making effective evidence-based decisions
* Working collaboratively within large complex teams and with multiple external suppliers/stakeholders
* Risk management.
A qualification in Security Risk Management (ISO 31001 or equivalent) would be highly advantageous, although not essential.
Please note that you may be considered for similar positions at the level below the advertised role.
Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.
Due to the nature of the role, these positions are open to UK nationals only.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org demonstrating the following areas (which you will be assessed against):
* Key Achievements
* Career History
* Applied Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.