- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Street works co-ordinator
Our client has a great contract requirement for a Street works coordinator to join thier busy team and assist with the permit scheme delivery.
The post is responsible for overseeing street works staff involved in processing permit applications from works promoters, and other duties required in the day to day management of coordination of activities on the highway network. The key objective of the post is to assist the Authority in mitigating and reducing the disruption caused by works promoters working on the road network. This will be through evaluation of permit applications submitted and assessing against legislation for approval to carry out highway related works on the network in accordance with the Authority's Permit Scheme, whilst working closely with key stakeholders to capture and facilitate collaborative working.
- Direct staff evaluating permit applications in accordance with the Permit Scheme, ensuring compliance with legislation and relevant codes of practice. Ensure all works on the Highway are coordinated to reduce disruption for all road users.
- Monitor and report on the scheme key performance indicators, finance and works promoter performance to managers
- Assist with the management of the councils permit system to ensure permits/notices are responded to within the timescales set out in the permit scheme and legislation for all works promoters
- Manage the issuing of invoices for permits and fines including breaches of street works legislation. Resolve issues and conflicts within agreed timescales
- Assist in the management of the coordination of all street activities and proactively seek advance works programmes from works promoters; coordinating these with CWAC and neighboring Authority works. Assess the impact of these works and negotiating with utilities, contractors, and council colleagues to reschedule or change works to meet the needs of the Council's business objectives
- Control and direct the activities of works promoters undertaking urgent works on the highway network
- Undertake site inspections upon work promoters to ensure the permits issued have been complied with and issue financial penalties and defects in line with the legislation
- Meet, and communicate with complainants, and investigate and respond to enquiries from Members, Parish councils, the public, utilities and determine, instruct and supervise the appropriate actions
- Investigate and prepare reports and witness statements to support the authorities permit scheme and represent the authority in pursuance of a breech in legislation
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.