- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Procurement Specialist (Shipyard)
Would you like to live and work in Canada? Based in Halifax on the East Coast of Canada, out Client are building the new fleet of ships for the Royal Canadian Navy, and are looking for someone just like you.
Based in vibrant Halifax, Nova Scotia, the highly skilled team are building, fabricating, converting and servicing ships and offshore platforms. Awarded the build of the new ships for the Royal Canadian Navy, they are actively seeking a Procurement Specialist to be based onsite at their busy and lively shipyard.
Good, solid Supply Chain capability requires skilled, talented individuals that can quickly come up with solutions to any problems and unexpected challenges that may arise. Reporting to the Team Leader, the Procurement Specialist will apply expertise and energy to develop and improve supplier quality, cost and delivery performance. You should also have experience negotiating contracts and long-term agreements as well as execute negotiated contracts through Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Material Resource Planning (MRP) systems.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Supplier management such as issuing of POs for material
- Contract management including the ability to provide advice on contractual claims
- Integrated sourcing initiatives including:
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategies
- Analyze market conditions (ex: pricing, availability, lead-time and capacity)
- Continuous improvement such as:
- Support new product introduction activities
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement to the design and development of supply chain processes
- Undertake cost analysis for direct material and services
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications & experience:
- Degree in an Engineering, Business or related subject, or equivalent experience is essential
- Relevant work experience, preferably in the in the shipbuilding industry in a supply chain or engineering function
- Procurement/Supply Chain accreditation: SCMP, MCIPS or ISM would be an asset
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.