- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Procurement Specialist
Are you an experienced supply chain or procurement professional seeking work in Canada? If so, this might be the job for you!
Based in the lively maritime city of Halifax, on the East Coast of Canada, the Client are a large, well known shipbuilding company that were awarded the build of the new fleet of ships for the Royal Canadian Navy. The team are busy building, fabricating, converting and servicing ships and offshore platforms.
As a Senior Procurement Specialist, you will be responsible for supplier management, contract management and continuous improvement activities for the project. Reporting into the Team Leader, there may be an aspect of management in being responsible for guiding and supporting more junior members of the team.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Develop and improve supplier quality, cost, and delivery performance
- Issue POs for material
- Negotiate contracts and long term agreements
- Execution of negotiated contract through ISI's ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) & MRP (Material Resource Planning) systems.
- Integrated sourcing initiatives including:
- Develop and implement category sourcing strategies
- Analyze market conditions (ex: pricing, availability, lead-time and capacity)
- Support new product introduction activities
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement to the design and development of supply chain processes
- Undertake cost analysis for direct material and services
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.