- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Flood Risk Manager
To support the existing flood risk and sustainable drainage engineer in delivering the councils wider regeneration potential, funding bids to implement and project manage flood risk and SuDS schemes.
- Provide expert advices in the form of substantive responses to Local Planning Authorities within 21 days on the management of surface water, the design of sustainable drainage systems and the mitigation of associated flood risk relating to major development.
- Undertake investigation of flooding events and caused in accordance with our responsibility as Lead Local Flood Authority under the Flood and Water Management Act 2010.
- Work with the other risk management agencies and local authorities to implement flood risk mitigation measures.
- Undertake investigations and actions relating to the council's responsibilities under the Land Drainage Act 1991.
- Carry out investigations of flooding, consult stakeholders and other Risk Management Authorities, develop initial assessments and options appraisals.
- Support the achievement of the aims and objectives set out in the Council's Local Flood Risk Management Strategy and Strategic Flood Risk Assessment.
- Provide pre application advice on the management of surface water to prospective developers for major planning applications.
- Implement Highway Drainage works including surface water drainage schemes and maintenance of the highway drainage system, including managing gully cleansing programmes.
- Promote awareness and undertaking of flood risk and the latest methods and approaches to prevent, mitigate and/or recover from flooding.
- Make bids for funding schemes from RFCC, Defra and other third parties including GLA and TfL.
- Monitor and manage flood alleviations projects and assist the Flood Risk Management Team in the management of the Council's annual Flood Alleviation Revenue Budget and the rolling capital programme.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.