- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client is looking for an environmental graduate with a minimum of 2 years experience to work with their team in Aberdeen.
We are searching for an Environmental Consultant with up to two years experience to work within our Environment team. This team provides environmental technical inputs on a variety of offshore projects for public and private clients in the UK and overseas. They will work with others to produce information and assessments in support of offshore Environmental Permit Application submissions, Environmental Statements for new projects and Environmental Appraisals for decommissioning projects.
The successful candidate will work under the guidance of more experienced team members in the delivery of a variety of projects. The areas of work in support of this role are broad ranging and may include the preparation of environmental baselines for offshore and onshore, identification and interpretation of relevant regulations and standards, environmental impact assessments and the characterisation and quantification of emissions and discharges for the energy sector.
Overview of Responsibilities and Tasks
- Under supervision from more senior colleagues, performs technical work and exercises individual judgement and initiative.
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform technical tasks.
- Acquires training and broadens experience to become qualified for more senior responsibilities.
- Adheres to quality, safety and environmental procedures/standards.
- Liaises with clients for the purposes of service delivery.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of relevant software, systems and processes.
- Work as part of a project team to deliver projects to scope and within time, cost and quality requirements.
- May contribute to technical papers and industry/conference presentations.
- Works towards gaining and maintaining Chartered Status.
- Possesses and maintains up to date knowledge and understanding of environmental issues relevant to offshore industry
- Ccompetitive salary and benefits packages and the support and development to grow in your career. Based in Aberdeen but with the opportunity to work flexibly and to work alongside colleagues who also work remotely and flexibly.
- Bonus scheme (discretionary)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance (Income protection insurance)
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme - The business contribute double the employees' contribution, up to a maximum of 10%
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Paid annual professional subscription
- Employee Benefits Platform
- The Person
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering, Biological or Environmental Sciences or other relevant area of study.
- Minimum 2 years' experience post-graduation in the Environmental industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisation with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates initiative and takes a proactive approach to tasks.
- Flexible and a team player
- Experience working within a multi-site organisation.
- Experience working within the engineering or resources sector.
- GIS Capability and Noise Modelling experience.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.