- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Tuflow Technical Support Engineer
My client is looking for an experienced hydraulic engineer with substantial knowledge of Tuflow to provide technical support.
We are searching for a customer-focused individual to join our UK team as a Technical Support Engineer for our TUFLOW hydraulic modelling software. This role is to be responsible for providing first line technical support for our customers within the UK and Europe and working closely with the wider TUFLOW software development and support team in the UK and Australia.
In this role, you will need to effectively manage incoming support queries, provide expert technical advice, and provide ideas, feedback and participate in the on-going development of the TUFLOW software. The role would suit someone who is inquisitive, enjoys problem solving, is passionate about hydraulic modelling and is committed to providing excellent customer service. The role is a new position driven by the on-going world-wide growth of the TUFLOW software.
Overview of Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide first tier technical support for TUFLOW users within the UK and Europe.
- Makes judgements and recommendations on technical matters related to TUFLOW software.
- Liaises with clients, potential and current, for the purposes of service delivery.
- Assist in the provision of technical training courses.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of TUFLOW, systems and hydraulic modelling processes.
- Provides input where required on a range of sales, marketing and technical tasks and other projects as required.
- Adheres to quality, safety and environmental procedures/standards.
- May contribute to or be the author of technical papers.
- My client offers competitive salary and benefits packages and the support and development to grow in your career. Based with our small team in Leeds but with the opportunity to work flexibly and to work alongside colleagues who also work remotely and flexibly. We would like to encourage applicants who are interested in both full time as well as reduced hours working patterns to apply to join my client. We offer:
- Bonus scheme (discretionary)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance (Income protection insurance)
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme - the employer contribute double the employees' contribution, up to a maximum of 10%
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Paid annual professional subscription
- Employee Benefits Platform
- Minimum 2 years' UK experience post-graduation in hydraulic modelling for flood risk management or coastal applications including use of TUFLOW.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) particularly QGIS, ArcMap and/or MapInfo.
- Positive customer facing and focussed attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates initiative and takes a proactive approach to tasks.
- Postgraduate degree in Engineering or other relevant area of study (Geography, Mathematics).
- Good knowledge of UK flood risk management policy and practice for all sources of flooding (fluvial, tidal and surface water).
- Experience of hydraulic modelling using software such as Flood Modeller and InfoWorks ICM.
- Knowledge of Local Flood Risk Management, including Sustainable Urban Drainage.
- Knowledge in coastal flooding and erosion.
- Knowledge of Natural Flood Management / Working with Natural Processes.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.