- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Our client creates technologies to improve efficiency, emissions and performance in all types of vehicles. Due to growth, they are now looking to hire a talented Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to joing the technical team based in Gateshead.
Our client is currently looking for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer based at our technical centre in Gateshead.
Under the direct supervision of the Production Specialist Lead, the Advanced Manufacturing Engineer will be primarily responsible for providing technical manufacturing leadership in the development of electric drive modules and integrated drive modules to support the electrification growth within Power Drive Systems.
Additionally, the successful candidate will work as part of a cross-functional team with Technical Product Leaders, Program Management, Product Design, and Lab Technicians to ensure that the manufacturing processes are properly validated to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for assisting and developing manufacturing cost estimates for the business cases
- Leading in DFM/DFA workshops
- Develop solutions to manufacturability issues of new products
- Work with Build Technicians on initial customer & validation samples
- Ensure manufacturing best practices and lessons learned are implemented into new designs
- Develop innovative processes for global implementation
- Work with GSM to identify world class machine suppliers that can support global Implementation and deliver robust systems
- Develop flexible manufacturing systems specifications to meet customer requirements
- Participate in FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing) / SAT (Site Acceptance Testing) on manufacturing equipment to support global initiatives
- Focal point for manufacturing technical discussions with cross functional team, management and customers
- Work with Product, Quality and Plant Engineering to identify root causes of manufacturing related issues
You will likely have experience and skills in the following:
- 3 years' experience required in Automotive Manufacturing or equivalent
- Experience in high volume manufacturing
- Solid understanding of Engineering financials (Cap-Ex Planning and equipment costing)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (8D, Shainin or Six Sigma training a plus)
- Understanding of Validation Testing
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing
- Strong computer skills in Windows applications (Excel, Power Point, Word, Project)
Desirable experience and skills:
- Manufacturing Experience in Electric & Hybrid Systems
- Experience of applying functional safety standard IS026262 in manufacturing
- Design tools (Solid Works, ProE, or AutoCad)
- Qualified to degree level (2:1 min) in an appropriate engineering discipline such as Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Technology or Industrial Engineering, or similar;
- Relevant experience in automotive power electronics high volume manufacturing engineering
In addition to a competitive salary you will also recieve a a competitive benefits package and interesting career development opportunities.
You will also have the opportunity to travel to the clients global locations up to 4 times per year.
We are only able to consider candidates who have the permenat right to live and work in the UK
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.