- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Project Engineer
My Client is recruiting for an Electricla Engineer in the Water Sector
Office based with Site visits when required
The Ideal candidate will be qualified in Electrical Engineering with experience in the Water Industry.
The Electrical Project Engineer will play a key part in the projects design team and will be involved in a range of different projects from Tender Stage, Full Design, Build & Operate projects, Plant Upgrades and Maintenance measures, Commissioning and project Handover within the water/wastewater industry.
- Carry out project electrical design from initial concept through to detail design, including generation of Control Philosophies, Load Schedules, ESB applications and Instrumentation equipment listings.
- Reviews all documents produced internally and externally to ensure conformance with customer specifications and objectives and 3rd Party bodies requirements.
- Review of Electrical Panel Layouts and Schematics to ensure all equipment is incorporated according to design and client specifications.
- Support other members of the Project Design team in the selection and procurement of instrumentation and appointment of Electrical Sub-Contractors in regards to quality, reliability, performance and cost.
- Liaise with sub-contractors, site teams and support installation and commissioning where necessary.
- Ensure the undertaking of testing is completed to company and client specifications and accurately documented.
- Provide technical support to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation on design changes and requests.
- Assist in the production and review of P&ID's, Building Services and General Arrangement Drawings.Essential Criteria:
- Degree/HNC/HND Qualified Electrical Engineer with experience in the Water/Wastewater industry or equal sectors.
- Possess a high attention to detail and ensure works are carried out with a Safety and Commercially orientated mind set.
- Ability to read and review Electrical Schematics.
- Experience in the Energy Reduction systems within the Water/Wastewater industry would be an advantage.
- Previous experience/understanding of the following would be beneficial.
- Electrical Switchgear
- Conventional & Intelligent MCC's
- Industrial Control and Automation, PLC's, SCADA and Outstation Telemetry
- Motor Controllers, Motor Starters, VSD, Soft Start, DOL and other starter circuits.
- System Wiring, Relays, Circuit Breakers and hard-wired logic controllers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.