- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineering Technician (Compounding)
Our client is working in partnership with the UK's most well-known automotive brand's in the developmen of pioneering light weight composites.
Working in a cutting edge research environment this opportunity would suit a talented engineering technician who is passionate about innovative engineering research involving composite materials.
You will assist with the delivery of high-volume structural composite manufacturing solutions in close partnership with Automotive industry partners.
Structural carbon fibre composite components will be developed and manufactured in our clients new Materials Engineering Centre using dedicated industry-leading facilities for composite and hybrid structures.
You will need to have completed an Engineering Apprenticeship, HNC/ONC in Engineering or similar qualification, and have relevant experience in a related engineering discipline/environment.
It would be helpful to have experience of:
- continuous production equipment e.g. flexible packaging conversion, laminating, slitting.
- materials testing/analysis
- composite materials processing or R&D within the automotive industry
To provide technical support for academics, researchers, students and other staff within team. To engage with technicians, academics, researchers, students and any other organisation as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To operate and maintain industrial process equipment including the polymeric coating line (compounding line) and hydraulic presses. To design, manufacture and commission specialised research and experimental apparatus and equipment to very high level of accuracy to support both teaching and research activities in these areas
- To consult and liaise with academics, students and other staff on the design, manufacture and use of apparatus and equipment. Dealing with both internal and external customers to meet technical specifications and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To provide support for both student teaching labs and student projects, to advise concerning the feasibility of design, manufacture and use of equipment with regards to material selection and processing techniques. To teach and advise students on the use of equipment and apparatus within on site.
- To ensure health and safety legislation is adhered to by staff and students utilising teaching and research areas. To provide health and safety guidance and, when required, supervision for those working within the Engineering Facilities and associated laboratories with the use of relevant risk assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH information.
- To assist in the maintenance and continued development of a diverse range of specialist equipment and apparatus, in order to facilitate the research and teaching and to ensure this is done adhering to current legislation and in the most cost effective manner.
In return we will provide you with a great range of benefits which include an attractive pension scheme, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, some fantastic savings on a wide range of products and services, and excellent learning and development opportunities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.