- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Health and Safety Officer - Bahrain
My Client is recruiting for a Water Sector Health and Safety Officer for a position in Bahrain.
Salary - negotiable depending on experience.
Accommodation, Flights and travel will be covered.
The role of site health & safety officer is to ensure that construction workers are following established policies, procedures and safety processes. A construction safety officer may take on additional roles and responsibilities, but their primary job is to help create safer site.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake Weekly Health & Safety Audits of the site producing the necessary reports (this will include the update of Risk Assessments and mitigation controls).
- Drive action ownership at all levels of the site and ensure investigations and root cause analysis are completed thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all risks and required controls have been identified and proactively support workers on site to ensure safe working practices.
- Collaborate with contractors in locating sources of potential hazards on site, including hazardous materials, potential electrocution, and structural threats to human life, and finding ways to reduce or eliminate such hazardous threat from the site.
- Deliver Daily inductions when required to new visitors, contractors or other workers on site.
- Review & issue permits to work ensuring these are being followed.
- Develop and influence a positive culture to Health & Safety on site.
- Investigate the construction site to ascertain equipment, production, and material processes do not pose a safety or health hazard to employees, sub-contractors, and visitors.
- Work closely with the Head of Health, Safety, Welfare & Environment.
- Verify the adequacy and safety of all work proposed tools and equipment.
- Review and approve all subcontractors' safety plans, risk assessments & method statements.
- Train and run drills and exercise with workers on how to manage emergency situations.
- To ensure site compliance with all relevant accreditations held by the company including ISO 45001:2018.
- Ensure the effective reporting and investigation of incidents including near misses on site to ensure effective understanding and learning.
- Suitable H&S Training such as NEBOSH Certification IGC3, IOSH Managing Safely etc.
- Experience working in high risk environments.
- Experience in working on the construction and/or operation of wastewater Treatment Plants.
- Understanding of appropriate construction processes.
- Highly analytical, meticulous and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in the English Language.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.