- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Structural Project Engineer
An experienced Structural Design Engineer is required to join a successful design consultancy in Hemel Hempstead.
An experienced Structural Design Engineer with ideally 4+ years experience is required to join a successful design consultancy in Hemel Hempstead on a permanent basis.
Structural Engineer Relevant skills & experience
- An accredited BEng degree (or equivalent) recognised by the IStructE
- A minimum of 4 - 5 years' relevant post-graduate experience and progressing towards Chartered Status of the IStructE
- Substantial construction industry experience, knowledge of the residential, commercial and education sectors as well as an in-depth understanding of superstructure, foundation and geotechnical design
- BIM experience and the use of industry design software packages are essential
- Experience in the use of Tekla Structural Designer would be an advantage
- Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
- An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone when representing the company
- Good commercial awareness
- An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
- Highly motivated and willing to take responsibility for producing innovative solutions
- A valid full UK driving license
A Structural Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare and review structural analysis and design calculations
- Assist in the preparation of drawings for conceptual and detailed design
- Liaise with clients, project team members and local authorities
- Co-ordinate projects and packages of work with minimal assistance
- Enhance and promote the image of the company by their actions
- Attend site and design team meetings
The company have a strong commitment to internal and external training, also providing pro-active support and regular CPD meeting towards chartership.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.