- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Consultant, Highways and Transport
Our client is seeking to expand their integrated design offering and is looking for a highway / traffic practitioner to join their central London-based team to deliver a broad portfolio of work.
This position will support the Integrated Design team which covers a wide range of high-profile developments and sporting events such as providing transport logistics advice to House of Parliament, F.A., European 2020 Championships, Rugby World Cup, Canary Wharf and Battersea Power Station.
You should have expertise in Traffic, Transportation and Highways, preferably with experience supporting development sites through the planning process and ideally in London. You will be expected to provide advice on servicing, parking, cycle/pedestrian access and traffic management, and thus develop outputs from concept through to detailed design for a variety of highway and development schemes.
You will work as part of a team providing solutions to both private and public sector clients. This position requires an enthusiastic, hard-working person, who wants to be part of our growing, dynamic teams and in this role, you will be required to:
- Support our transport and basement design advice offer across the company both in the UK and internationally.
- Lead workstreams within projects with limited supervision, ensuring that best practice techniques are applied consistently.
- Deliver high-quality highway and transportation advice as part of multi-disciplinary teams across a range of transport-related projects including major developments, highway-related regeneration projects and sustainable transport initiatives.
- Deliver excellent joined-up and high-profile transportation and highway projects in the UK, which contributes to the company's reputation for delivering excellence.
- Manage multi-disciplinary projects, sub consultants and manage support staff assigned on a project basis as required.
- Take responsibility to deliver key projects through project initiation, feasibility and initial design.
- Prepare and present reports, proposals, briefing notes and design reports.
- Manage project budgets exercising effective financial and budgetary control.
- Contribute to the production and delivery of proposals and marketing materials related to our market area from time to time.
To be successful in the role, you will:
- Be comfortable working in creative multi-disciplinary teams with architects etc. and provide positive contributions in resolving complex design problems.
- Take responsibility for key tasks and workstreams, successfully managing multiple deadlines in parallel.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to influence colleagues and clients through a balance of supportive and challenging behaviours.
- Possess relevant London experience in the design of traffic engineering, ideally with experience of Section 38 / 278 agreements and Section 106 agreements.
- Hold professional and academic qualifications in transport engineering e.g. BEng or similar.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.