- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is a military/ defence manufacturer and requires an Engineering Technician for the installation and wiring within an IT rig room environment, supporting a number of programmes in Christchurch and its customer sites.
Electrician - 6 Month Contract - Christchurch- £14.22ph PAYE (other payment methods available)
This role requires you to undertake a BPSS + Criminal Record Check.
Defence Information requires an Engineering Technician, with desirable skills/experience with installation and wiring within a IT rig room environment, to support a number of programmes at Christchurch and at its customer sites.
Primarily the successful candidate will process goods (lift, shift, open , test, repack) type work, with the potential to occasionally support supporting some installation and wiring work.
Candidates need to be suitably qualified and experienced to design and install electrical equipment/wiring and also certify electrical installations undertaken by another person, plus self-certification of own installations.
Desirable skills and experience of the following types of work within Goods In, Data Centre and Rig Room environments:
- Process goods that arrive, involving lift, shift, unpack, test, repack
- PAT testing and physical installation within IT Racks
- Ability to follow IT installation drawing, rack face plans and wiring schedules and assembly (network, fibre and electrical);
- Network wiring, CAT 5E, CAT 7 & including testing;
- Fibre Optic terminating using fusion splicer (supplied) & testing;
- Minimum of SC Clearance and experience of MoD installations;
Desirable supporting qualifications needed to install electrical equipment/wiring and also certify electrical installations undertaken by another person, plus self-certification of own installations:
- City and Guilds 2377-22 Level 3 (In service Equipment Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment)
- City and Guilds 500/3452/0 BS7671 Level 3 (IT Installation)
- Certificate for Domestic Electrical Installers 500/4385/7, 24/3/2009, EAL
- Electro technical CSCS card
- IT Network & Power Cables qualifications/experience
- Would be interested to know if also have,
- CIDA experience
- CAD drawing experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.