- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Control Systems Engineer
A Contract for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to work for a cutting edge technology company. Proven Control Systems, Algorithm and Strategy development, Matlab & Simulink. Ideally on vehicle engines or simulation for heat transfer.
An exciting Contract opportunity has arisen for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to work for a cutting edge technology company. Successful candidates will have proven Control Systems, Algorithm and Strategy development and Modelling using Matlab & Simulink. Ideally on vehicle engines or simulation for heat transfer.
Developing cutting-edge technology uniquely harnesses liquid air to deliver zero emissions power and cooling. It is developing a portfolio of proprietary technologies, products and services, which deliver significant reductions in operating cost, fuel usage and emissions, at low capital cost.
To provide sustainable and efficient transport refrigeration, is currently undergoing trials.
The company is building an international reputation for innovation, rigour, commercial acumen and engineering excellence, all to fulfil its primary objective - to make the world a cleaner, cooler place.
Reporting to the Head of Control and Electrical Systems, you will have technical leadership responsibility for control system development within Controls and Electrical Systems team. You will work in a team to design and develop control systems for the complex and technically advanced systems incorporating hardware and software systems. You will have responsibility for execution of work packages and tasks within the company's main projects, relating to the design, development, prototyping and testing of our products and technology. This will require a mix of practical and analytical skills and may include working off-site and with customers.
Responsibilities will include:
* Defining system specifications based on high level requirements
* Developing control and electronic systems, subsystems and components
* Planning and undertaking test and development exercises and cycles
* Project ownership, planning and responsibility
* Managing own and control team members' day to day activities and reporting progress
* Supplier interface and management
* Depending on experience level, providing technical leadership to less experienced engineers.
It is anticipated that you will be an engineer with minimum 8 years' experience in the control system design. You should have a further education qualification in engineering (electrical, mechatronic or systems) either at graduate, postgraduate or HND/HNC level and have demonstrable experience working within a team environment.
The following attributes and skills are essential for the role:
* Solid understanding of whole system/product development cycle activities and ability to achieve cost, weight and technical targets within specified timescales
* Sound knowledge of control system modelling, analysis and design using MATLAB, Simulink, CAN tools (one of Peak CAN, CANalyser, etc), programming and scripting languages, e.g. C/C++, Python etc.
* Experience in developing embedded control algorithms, demonstrate knowledge of implementation of control strategies into production systems and understand underlying theoretical principles of embedded control systems
* Requirement management and definition: Experience in capturing system requirements specification and analysis for control systems (Software, Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical integrated system)
* Test case creation and execution: Translate Hardware and Software requirements into a test specification and actions.
* Working knowledge of control system strategies (e.g. closed loop, PID, state machines). Familiarity with Control system theory such as- MIMO, system identification, mathematical modelling (transfer function), matrix manipulation, PID, pole placement, adaptive control, fuzzy logic, stability analysis, tracking algorithm, axis transformation will be beneficial.
* Experience with model-based design, model version control (Git), software version control (Git)
In addition, the following attributes would be advantageous;
* Experience in engine, vehicle, renewables or power generation control systems, especially in dynamic modelling and simulation for the heat transfer
* Experience with CAN bus system design, development and testing
* Experience in ECU calibration
* Experience in engineering release, requirement management and change management processes
* Experience in MIL (Model-In-the-Loop) simulation testing and HIL (Hardware-In-the-Loop) test environments
* Practical knowledge of sensors, actuators and interfaces
* Self-starter able to sustain a high, multitask workload
* Clear and effective communication skills with internal and external clients
* Excellent problem solver, capable of thinking "outside the box"
* Quick learner with good time management skills
* Chartered or working towards chartered status desirable
As the role will involve interaction with our technical partners, suppliers and clients it is expected that the candidate will be happy to travel both in the UK and Overseas
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.