- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Control Systems Engineer
Innovative Clean Energy company seeks Lead and Senior Control Systems Engineers. South London offices.
Innovative technology uniquely harnesses liquid air to deliver zero emissions power.
Reporting to the Head of Control and Electrical Systems, you will work in a team to design and develop control systems for the complex and technically advanced systems incorporating hardware and software systems. You will have responsibility for execution of work packages and tasks within the company's main projects, relating to the design, development, prototyping and testing of our products and technology. This will require a mix of practical and analytical skills and may include working off-site and with customers.
Your primary responsibility will be to design model based control system of products including high and low voltage systems, mule prototypes and circuit boards in mainly MATLAB/Simulink environment as well as writing scripts in C/C++ and Python to develop in MIL (Model-In-the-Loop) simulation testing and HIL (Hardware-In-the-Loop) test environments.
The following attributes and skills are essential for the role:
- Solid understanding of whole system/product development cycle activities and ability to achieve cost, weight and technical targets within specified timescales
- Sound knowledge of control system modelling, analysis and design using MATLAB Simulink, CAN tools (one of Peak CAN, CANalyser, etc), programming and scripting languages, e.g. C/C++, Python etc
- Experience in developing embedded control algorithms, demonstrate knowledge of implementation of control strategies into production systems and understand underlying theoretical principles of embedded control systems
- Experience in capturing system requirements specification and analysis for control systems (Software, Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical integrated system)
- Test case creation and execution: Translate Hardware and Software requirements into a test specification and actions.
- Working knowledge of control system strategies (e.g. closed loop, PID, state machines).
- Experience with model version control (Git) and software version control (Git)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.