- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
My client are expanding and looking to recruit a Bridge Engineer to join their team in Darlington.
As a Bridge Engineer you will provide design services for structural highways projects in Area 14 and support Senior and Principal Engineers within the design team. The Engineer's role will be to develop designs from concept to detailed design using local and national guidance and best practice to achieve cost effective solutions in accordance with the Client's requirements. You will produce feasibility studies, engineering solutions, design concepts. design details, calculations, drawings, specifications and reports.
The sucessful candidate will work on a variety of projects with the guidance of experienced engineers in a team which includes highways, structures and intelligent technology systems specialists. Recent key projects include:
£15M Concrete Barrier Installation / Drainage Renewal scheme
Multiple Highway Resurfacing / Recycling schemes of value £2.5M - £10M
Feasibility and development works to generate Structures Forward Programme
What makes this role unique?
In your role as Civil Engineer (Structures) you will have the opportunity to improve the infrastructure that the local community uses every day; and as these projects are in the same geographical region as you are, you can see the designs you are involved in being built via site visits.
What do you need as a Civil Engineer (Structures)?
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or approaching CEng or IEng status having completed the necessary training requirements;
* Experience in the preparation of highways structures schemes (bridges, retaining walls, culverts etc.) including preparation of Specifications, bill items, risk assessments and method statements;
* Experience of working to structural design codes, and experience of working to the Highways England DMRB and MCHW;
* Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office suite. Experience with appropriate engineering software packages (AutoCAD, structural analysis packages such as LUSAS, SuperSTRESS, MIDAS);
* Experience of Level 2 BIM would be an advantage;
* Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to lead a small team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines. Experience in dealing with clients, other consultants and the public;
* Client focused approach to service delivery;
* IOSH working and managing safety would be an advantage;
* Experience in environmental awareness for managers would be an advantage;
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.